Attendants to the constituent Assembly
As collected in articles 3 and 4 of the statutes of the Federation, adopted at the founding Assembly of November the 29th, 2014, the purposes of the Federation of Astronomical Associations in Spain are:
- Join the astronomical associations of Spain to facilitate the relationship between them and with other agencies and entities.
- Foster the relationship between amateur astronomical associations and professional astronomy and astrophysics agencies.
- Disseminate and defend the scientific culture, in particular astronomy and related sciences.
- Promote the defense of natural darkness of the night and in particular, the night sky as a right to preserve for future generations and astronomical and tourist resource as well.
- Contribute to the continuity of the astronomical meetings of national extent.
And for the attainment of these goals, the following activities may be performed:
- Coordination and publication of activities of the associations in the Federation.
- Co-operation with amateur and professional organizations public or private, national and international.
- Promotion of public activities, production of materials and organization of resources for the promotion of scientific culture, astronomy and related sciences.
- Development of tools for the operation of internal and external training activities.
- Organization and management of congresses, conferences, courses on astronomy and related sciences.
- Promote and implement dissemination and astronomical research projects, especially those related to the defense of the darkness of the night and the night sky.